In this article we are going to explore some of the main frequently asked questions (FAQ) about the access to “the Mines” for the “Speleological Park” and we will give you advice for tackling them in the best way to improve your experience and not to be caught unprepared.
- How to get to the Speleological Park?
You can find the Speleological Park inside Dossena Mines; to get there, you just have to type on GOOGLE MAPS “Miniere di Dossena” LINK and you will get directly to the mining area after walking on a 100-metres path that you will find immediately after a descent made of white concrete.
- Are there particular restrictions for the access to the Speleological Park?
Yes, there are restrictions for the access to the Speleological Park and they concern:
- Age, one must be at least 12 years old;
- Waistline, between 60 and 120 cm;
- Read the rules available at this LINK to see all details.
- What are the opening times of the Speleological Park?
To see all the opening days and times of the Speleological Park, click on the word in capital letters LINK; you will be directed to the calendar of the specific experience.
- How can I buy tickets for the Speleological Park?
You can buy tickets for your experience at the Speleological Park online, from this LINK. Please note that online reservation is compulsory, as guests are allowed to enter in small groups and you risk not to find place. Remember to organise your travel not to lose your experience, I advise you to be there 15 minutes in advance for the preparation phase; in case of delay, you will lose your ticket and no refund in cash nor voucher will be provided.
- How much does the ticket for the Speleological Park cost?
The cost of the ticket for the Speleological Park is 35€ per person; at this LINK you can buy your tickets. If you want to match the bridge, you can use our combo package, accessible from this LINK.
- Are there discounts or special promotions for the Speleological Park?
Yes, if you are a group of minimum 10 people, each person pays 30.00€, you can buy your tickets at this LINK.
Are you a family of minimum 4 members (2 adults + 2 children between 12 and 20 years old), each person pays 30.00€, you can buy your tickets at this LINK.
- How long does it take to do the Speleological Park?
The experience at the Speleological Park takes about 75 minutes.
- What’s the difference between the Speleological Park inside the mines and the Guided Tour in Dossena Mines?
The Speleological Park is an adventure park inside the mines and it is an equipped route to be lived in a playful and cultural way to explore the ancient galleries of Dossena mines through zip-lines, bridges, passages above natural caves, artificial chimneys and much more.
The guided tour inside Dossena mines is a cultural visit where history meets science, where you will be able to discover the ways, the tools and the work conditions inside the mines, to discover the “Minadur” cellar, which is a cheese that ages inside the mine.
- What to wear to access the Speleological Park?
To experience the Speleological Park, it is recommended to wear sportswear and a warm jacket with suitable shoes (trekking or mountain shoes) and it is compulsory to wear gloves (work, gardening or via ferrata ones). Remember that the temperature inside the mine is 10°C and there is 90% humidity. At this LINK you can read the rules to see all details.
- What to do in Dossena after the Speleological Park?
Once experienced the Speleological Park, you can live many experiences, such as:
- Dossena Tibetan bridge, “Ponte nel Sole”, that you can book at this LINK
- The guided tour in the Dossena mines, LINK
- “Il Becco” the gangway overhanging Parina Valley, LINK
- Walk to discover the “Graffiti”, drawn on the house walls, scattered through the streets, LINK
- Trekking on the tracks, you can find the one for you, according to the difficulty and the time you have, LINK
- Discover San Giovanni Battista church, the first Baptismal Church of our territory, LINK
- Taste typical products, from various types of cheese, to saffron and Gin, that you can buy visiting the farms on our territory, LINK
- Visit “Dimora storica” (“Historic House”) from Late Middle Ages, LINK
- E-Bike Tour: admiring Dossena without (too much) fatigue among tracks, attractions and excellent tastings! LINK
- How are reviews about the Speleological Park?
You can find reviews about the Speleological Park on GOOGLE at the following LINK or at this other LINK to know what customers say on www.visitdossena.it website.
- How to redeem your gift card for the Speleological Park?
To redeem your gift card you have to book through our website www.visitdossena.it LINK
Once you have chosen date and time, you have to add the ticket to your shopping cart and there you will find a “REDEEM CODE” option, where you will be able to type the code you have on your gift card.
- Where can you buy gift cards for the Speleological Park?
You can buy gift cards directly on our website www.visitdossena.it at this LINK.
- Can you change the date of your reservation for the Speleological Park?
You can change date based on availability of the following six (6) months, only by and no later than 2 (two) calendar days before the date previously selected, at the following conditions: paying an extra management fee of €5.00 if the variation occurs between 2 (two) and 5 (five) calendar days before the date you had previously bought, for free if the change occurs more than 5 (five) calendar days before the date you had previously bought.
At this LINK you can read the general conditions of our contract.
- What happens if the Speleological Park is closed due to bad weather?
The Speleological Park is available even in case of bad weather, as the experience takes place inside the mines, but if we have to close the structure for safety reasons, you will be contacted the day before your reservation and you will be given a voucher to be used within 6 months from the issue date.
- What happens if we arrive late to the Speleological Park?
If you arrive late to the Speleological Park, you will lose your ticket and no refund in cash or voucher is will be provided, because you can enter only in groups of about 16 participants and groups enter at fixed times.